If you're planning an adventure-packed trip, it may be time to check if your travel insurance plan provides the coverage you need for all the activities you’re planning for your trip.
If you purchase the Travelex Travel Select plan, you’re eligible to upgrade your travel insurance policy to include the Adventure Sports upgrade. With adventure insurance coverage, your upcoming vacation can be both fun-filled and well-protected.
Why should I include the Adventure Sports upgrade in my policy?
While both Travelex’s Travel Select and Travel Basic plans provide coverage for certain sports and adventures, sometimes you might need a little extra protection for activities not automatically covered in your plan. So, if your next trip involves any extreme sports or adventures outside of what is included in the base plan, it is recommended that you consider purchasing the Adventure Sports upgrade.
Will I have coverage for any adventure activities without this upgrade?
Travelex's Travel Basic and Travel Select plans both offer coverage for certain activities–but not all activities.
Want to check if your planned activity is included in these base plans? Travelex's Travel Select and Travel Basic plans provide coverage for the following adventure sports:
- Snowcat skiing
- Canyoning or rappelling
- River rafting
- Scuba diving up to a depth of 60 feet
- Gorilla trekking/tracking
- Elephant-back riding
- Horseback riding
- Camel-back riding
- Walking safari
- Mountain climbing (unless technical with usage of ropes, axes, picks, etc.)
- Interaction with animals
If you plan on including an adventures sport that's not on this list in your upcoming trip's itinerary, you may want to add adventure insurance to your Travel Select policy with the Adventure Sports upgrade to help ensure you have adequate coverage.
What activities does the Adventure Sports upgrade provide coverage for?
If you plan to venture off the beaten path during your next vacation, the Adventure Sports upgrade provides protection for certain activities that wouldn't otherwise be included in your base insurance plan.
The Adventure Sports upgrade provides coverage for the following activities (in addition to the activities listed above):
- Professional athletic events
- Motor sports or motor racing, including training or practice for the same
- Caving, spelunking, free climbing or mountain climbing that requires the use of equipment such as pick-axes, anchors, bolts, crampons, carabineers, and lead or top-rope anchoring or other specialized equipment
- Free diving or scuba diving at a depth greater than 60 feet or without a dive master
- Operating or learning to operate any aircraft as student, pilot, or crew
- Skydiving, BASE jumping, bungee jumping, zip lining, hand gliding, parachuting, or air travel on any air-supported device other than a regularly scheduled airline or air charter
If you aren't sure if Travelex can provide adventure insurance for your planned adventure sporting activity, please call 1-800-228-9792 and talk to one of the customer service representatives.
More upgrades to customize your policy
Receive additional financial protection if you’re in an accident or collision while driving a rental car.
Protect yourself while flying to and from your vacation destination.
Enjoy extra medical expenses coverage in the event of an accident, injury or medical evacuation.
Cancel your trip for any reason up to 48 hours prior to your departure.