Travel Coverage Due To Financial Hardship
Coverage for Travel Basic, Travel Select, and Travel Max
In the current economic climate, travel suppliers have experienced an increased amount of financial issues, causing some suppliers to have to completely suspend their operations due to Financial Insolvency.
In these times of economic hardship, Travelex would like to remind you of the importance of purchasing travel insurance.
In order to be eligible for coverage due to the Financial Insolvency of a travel supplier, the insurance must be purchased prior to the event being reasonably foreseeable. In the event that Financial Insolvency causes a loss to occur, coverage is specifically considered in the following areas.
Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption
- Arrangements which are canceled by a travel supplier resulting from Financial Insolvency which occurs 14 days following the Effective Date of the policy and provided the insured booked their trip through a travel agent.
- Coverage is not provided if the insured booked the travel arrangement directly with the travel supplier or for losses caused by fraud or negligent misrepresentation by the travel supplier.
- If purchased, Cancel for Any Reason can provide a portion of trip cost back to traveler provided they meet the individual requirements of this benefit.
24 Hour Travel Assistance Services*
- Travelers may receive assistance ranging from emergency travel arrangements and money transfers to message relay services. For emergencies or travel assistance, please call On Call International at:
- Toll Free: 1-855-892-6495 (US or Canada)
- Collect: 603-328-1373 (all other countries)
Policy Transfer Options
- If the Travel Supplier is able to re-accommodate the traveler for new travel dates or a new destination, please contact our Customer Service team at 1-800-819-9004 to determine your policy transfer options.
Travelex provides all the tools you need to manage your insurance plan online. For expedited service, go to the Plan Holders tab on our website to file a claim, request plan documents or make a plan change.
NOTE: Please visit out Get a Quote page, enter your state of residence and scroll to the bottom of the page to review the Description of Coverage for specific plan benefits that may or may not apply based upon your product purchased.