Coverage for Travel Basic, Travel Select, and Travel Max
The U.S. State Department continually issues travel alerts and warnings when conditions make a travel destination dangerous or unstable. For a list of countries currently on the U.S. State Department’s travel warning list, please visit http://travel.state.gov/
With the U.S. State Department recommending that Americans avoid or consider the risk of traveling to a destination due to crises such as Civil Disorder, Travelex would like to remind you of the importance of purchasing travel insurance.
In order to be eligible for coverage due to Civil Disorder, the insurance plan must be purchased prior to the event being reasonably foreseeable. In the event Civil Disorder causes a loss to occur, coverage is specifically considered in the following areas.
Trip Cancellation Coverage
- Delayed arrival due to a covered reason such as delay due to civil commotion or riot causing 50% or more of the covered trip to be missed.
- If the Travel Supplier cancels the trip due to these conditions, the traveler may be reimbursed for the reissue fee charged by the airline, up to the maximum benefit amount as stated in the Description of Coverage.
- If purchased, Cancel for Any Reason can provide a portion of their trip cost back provided they meet the individual requirements of this benefit.
Trip Delay Coverage
- Delay while en route to or from final destination for at least 5 hours or more due to a covered reason, such as civil commotion or riot.
Emergency Medical Coverage
- For travelers affected by the rioting while traveling in these areas, coverage is provided for expenses incurred as a result of emergency medical treatment and/or emergency medical evacuation, if necessary.
24 Hour Travel Assistance Services*
- Travelers may receive assistance ranging from emergency travel arrangements and money transfers to message relay services. For emergencies or travel assistance, please call On Call International at:
- Toll Free: 1-855-892-6495 (US or Canada)
- Collect: 603-328-1373 (all other countries)
Policy Transfer Options
- If the Travel Supplier is able to re-accommodate the traveler for new travel dates or a new destination, please contact our Customer Service team at 1-800-819-9004 to determine your policy transfer options.
Travelex provides all the tools you need to manage your insurance plan online. For expedited service, go to the Plan Holders tab on our website to file a claim, request plan documents or make a plan change.
NOTE: Please visit out Get a Quote page, enter your state of residence and scroll to the bottom of the page to review the Description of Coverage for specific plan benefits that may or may not apply based upon your product purchased.